Service opportunities are always available for those who want to help on Sunday mornings. Please view the current opportunities outlined below, and fill out this form to let us know of your interest.
Children’s Ministry Team
Working with children at Trinity Church requires an application process as well as a background check. There are no requirements for classroom set-up.
• CHILDCARE CLASSROOM VOLUNTEER - This person arrives at 10:15am to relieve the Sunday School teachers, caring for a class of children during the worship service. There are five classes for infants though preschoolers, each class requiring 2-3 adult volunteers each Sunday. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity every 5-7 weeks.
• CLASSROOM SET-UP - This person arrives at 8:15am to help a second volunteer prepare children’s areas for Sunday School/childcare. He/she then remains after the service to pack room supplies up to return to the trailer. This involves cautious adjustments to teacher environments (moving room items as needed and, following the service, replacing as they were) and is best suited for detail-oriented individuals. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity several Sundays a quarter.
• 1:1 VOLUNTEER - This person has opportunity to serve either during the Sunday School hour at 9am (when in session) or during the worship service. He/she is present to provide 1:1 care for children with special needs who benefit from more focused attention throughout the morning. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity every 5-7 weeks.
• COMMUNION - This volunteer (she/he) is responsible for baking the communion bread and setting up/cleaning up the communion tables. This requires arriving early on the morning assigned (8:30am when SS is in session, 9:30am during summer months) to set up and staying several minutes after the service to clean up. The Hospitality Coordinator is present to provide assistance, as needed, throughout the morning. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity 2-3 Sundays a year (on the first Sunday of a month when communion is held).
• COORDINATOR/SET-UP - This volunteer arrives at 8:00am and is responsible for setting up coffee table before 9am Sunday School (attending SS is still possible), monitoring table supplies and appearance throughout morning, and overseeing table tear-down and communion volunteers, assisting as needed. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity one Sunday each month.
• TEARDOWN - This person spends the first 15-20 minutes after service cleaning and packing up the coffee table supplies into bins with assistance from the Hospitality Coordinator, as needed. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity every 7-8 weeks.
• SETUP & TEARDOWN - This person joins a team of 4-5 people who arrive promptly at 7:30am. He/she helps unload the trailer, gets items to classrooms and sets up the auditorium. After the worship service, this team also helps tear down all Trinity items and loads them back in to the storage closet and trailer. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity as often as they want (currently sign-up list style).
• TRAILER - This person picks up the church trailer from the storage location and arrives at Eakin no later than 7:30am when Sunday School is in session and no later than 8:00am during summer break. Once everything is reloaded after the service, the volunteer returns the trailer to the storage location. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity at least once once a month, but more if he/she is available. REQUIRED: A vehicle and hitch ball that handle the trailer.
• BUILDING SECURITY - This person shows up around 10:00-10:10am and provides a physical presence in the hallways and the exterior of the building. This person assists childcare workers, as needed, and acts as a point of contact when Eakin teachers or staff enter the building. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity every 4-6 weeks.
• FRONT LOBBY GREETER - This person shows up around 10:00-10:10am to get people at the front door. They hand out bulletins and direct people to service. They provide answers to general questions as needed. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity every 4-6 weeks.
• USHER - This team of 2+ ushers arrive at 10:15am to greet people at the entrance to the auditorium. As chairs fill up, ushers help members and visitors find seats. As necessary, ushers add additional chairs. Ushers also provide security within the auditorium and act as first responders in case of an emergency. Finally, ushers assist with taking up offering and counting monies. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity once a month.
• INSTRUMENTALIST - This person plays on the worship team when scheduled. Rehearsal times are on Saturday morning at 8:00am and Sunday morning at Eakin at 8:00am.
• SOUND - This person arrives at 7:30am to help set up the sound system, then runs sound for the worship rehearsal and worship service. After the service, this volunteer helps tear down the sound system. Volunteers normally serve in this capacity at least once a month.
• VOCALIST - This person sings on the worship team when scheduled. Rehearsal times are on Saturday morning at 8:00am and Sunday mornings at Eakin at 8:00am.